• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

whats your plant nemesis

asecin

Bluelighter
this is a response to the whats ur favorite plant ally since i dont like when people cannot balance things in life and can only either concentrate on negative or positive.

like for me it has to be fucking SOY
cant stand that shit. its everywhere ! usa is actually the soy country of the world ! and yet they claim soy is soooo good for you yet every american has had soy constantly (without even knowing cuz ITS EVERYWHERE) and yet nobody has shown positive health results despite dumb claims its good for you. i know you will say its cuz of the GM shit, but not true. ANY SOY. fuck it.
look at the shit they make from that crappy plant that needs to fuck off and die:

soy vegetable oil, soy oil of all types, soymilk, and from the latter tofu and tofu skin, soy sauce, fermented bean paste, natto, tempeh, soy protein of all sorts, soy lecithin (everywhere in foods), textured vegetable protein (soy flour) etc.

makes me sick and i wanna vomit. :(

anyway guys whats your least liked plant ? :D

hmm, soy agrees with me. I can eat a big block of tofu and a bowl of ademame no worries.

I really can't think of a plant nemesis atm, I'll get back to this.

hmm, soy agrees with me. I can eat a big block of tofu and a bowl of ademame no worries.

I thought the same thing for years and ended up paying for it big time. Soy is bad for all people... I'm honestly way surprised to hear you eat it; you seem so healthy minded. :( HIGHLY recommend giving that nasty shit up.

Aside from soy, I'll add wheat and corn.

gorse is the bane of my existence and soy make me ass trumpet anymore .

I thought the same thing for years and ended up paying for it big time. Soy is bad for all people... I'm honestly way surprised to hear you eat it; you seem so healthy minded. :( HIGHLY recommend giving that nasty shit up.

Aside from soy, I'll add wheat and corn.

wheat ? whats wrong with wheat girl ? where i come from, wheat has been keeping my people fed for centuries and it is an anti-hunger symbol. plays significant role in culture.
all i know is that americans have demonized wheat cuz it has gluten and you guys cannot metabolize it because you didnt acquire it in your genetical makeup as my people have so... its funny how a certain group of people cannot accept something universally but based on small self centered circle.

Soy. Or corn, just because it found its way into my car's engine. *shakes fist mightily at the sky*

Yet I can eat all soy products including ademame and feel fine. Maybe I'm just missing something. What sort of symptoms should one expect?

dairy and garlic. They both mess with my stomach.

And what's wrong with soy? and corn?!@#$!@# I really can't believe that one.
And wheat even? yeah, I know that some 1% of the population suffers from celiac disease/celiac sprue and has a legitimate medical reason for not being able to eat wheat. But when everybody everywhere is against wheat, I have to wonder - Is this part of the anti-gluten fad that has swept through american pop-health culture?

dairy and garlic. They both mess with my stomach.

And what's wrong with soy? and corn?!@#$!@# I really can't believe that one.
And wheat even? yeah, I know that some 1% of the population suffers from celiac disease/celiac sprue and has a legitimate medical reason for not being able to eat wheat. But when everybody everywhere is against wheat, I have to wonder - Is this part of the anti-gluten fad that has swept through american pop-health culture?

dairy is a plant sure.

anyway ur right tho about wheat specifically. it has gotten real bad reputation since the whole campaign against it cuz of anti gluten activists or w/e. its weird since i never knew of people being uncomfortable with one of the most basic and often used crops in all the world until recent years of the anti gluten movement.

Yet I can eat all soy products including ademame and feel fine. Maybe I'm just missing something. What sort of symptoms should one expect?

dude, she happens to be allergic against soy and feels unwell on it. as you know, most people might feel bad on certain well known foods and most of us wonder how is it possible, but it happens. i guess she didnt feel well on them and now blames anything thats related to them, including people who do eat it. :\

i have nothing but ridicule for ninnies that accept pop fads that either damn or revere this, that or the other food items.
usually it's in the realm of hippie or new age nonsense .

I would not miss the taste of radish if I never tasted it again but that does not really make it my nemesis. If drugs count, there is some mutual hate with salvia

Eucalyptus trees. I love climbing trees. Less often now than when I was a kid but I still enjoy it but once a eucalypt tree gets to a decent size that are crap for climbing. Also once they are really really big they're prone to having limbs fall off. In one big storm I lost an outdoor dining setting and bbq to a fallen eucalyptus limb.

Then just to get slightly back on topic I'm pretty sure they are completely inedible.

I don't really have a plant "nemesis" per se. Even those members of the plant kingdom which synthesize compounds that can kill have their place in nature.

I do know that there are many people who have trouble with metabolizing certain compounds found in plants though. Soy, tree nuts, gluten/gliadin cereals, and a few others come to mind.

dude, she happens to be allergic against soy and feels unwell on it. as you know, most people might feel bad on certain well known foods and most of us wonder how is it possible, but it happens. i guess she didnt feel well on them and now blames anything thats related to them, including people who do eat it. :\

She said it is bad for all people. I just wanted some elaboration because I seem to tolerate it just fine. Many people don't, I know.

Most be the stinging nettle in my case.
Those little fuckers really fucked up one of my first experiences with shrooms.
Got separated from my friends in the forest, end up seeing those nettles as little leprechauns.
Of course I had to investigate it, and cuddle/kiss some of the female leprechauns.
...and then you just realize you are having a mouth full of stinging nettles. :\

She said it is bad for all people. I just wanted some elaboration because I seem to tolerate it just fine. Many people don't, I know.
Perhaps she was talking about the phytoestrogens present in soy?
I know there is some discussion among scientists if soy can cause/worsen breast cancer, or can protect against it.
But it seems that soy contains so much antioxidants and other healthy stuff that the positive effects significantly outweigh the possible negative effects. :)

It is proven though that soy protects against certain other cancers, like pancreatic cancer and prostate cancer. :)